Pages

Dedicate yourselves to thankfulness. Colossians 3:15

Friday, December 26, 2008

Underhill's 'Mysticism' great reference

Eveylyn Underhill (1875-1941) was an English Anglo-Catholic writer, one of the most widely read in her time, on topics of religion and spiritual practice, particularly Christian mysticism. Her best-known book, Mysticism, is one of my favorite reads. I discovered it in 2001 on the Internet and devoured it. It answered many questions for me at that time that had lingered in my psyche for a decade or more. It clarified for me many nagging thoughts that otherwise, I believe, would have remained unanswered. This book of Ms. Underhill's is a worthwhile read and a great reference book on its topic. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

by Nancy E. Thoerig 12-26-08

No comments: